• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Block heater for the LDT eng.

monkster

Very first thread. I would like to say every truck should have a fire extinguisher on it. I was trying to tighten up a fuel leak going into the injector pump. Looked up and saw a whisper of smoke. The nozzle going into intake man. for cold weather starting was leaking fuel on to the exhaust side of the turbo and smoking off. This was a return line coming from the injectors that T off and went to nozzle. I capped that. I'm looking for a way to put a water heater on the engine to where hot water would circulate through the block. Lots of 1/2" npt ports on the intercooler to choose from.

Divemaster920

Banned
Just hook it up as you would the cab heater. Use the 3/4 plug on the pump and the 1/2 plug on the motor side of the thermostat.

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Come out of the block drain on the passenger side rear of the engine, to the tank heater, then to a unused plug in the intercooler. This assures complete through the block circulation. coming out of the water pump will not work as well.
Regards Marti

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks