• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Block heater question.

lonewolf90

Well I got that thing out it was a pain. Got the block heater in I notice after I tight it still moves a little bit if you grab it is that normal. I started the truck and it ran for 35 mins. It's not leaking. Guess all is good.

cucvrus

I don't know what kind you have. I use the GM type and when they are tight they are tight. You don't move them. If you can move yours you may have over tightened it. Or under tightened it. Not sure hard to say at this distance.

that's a great modification to these trucks for those that live in cold areas. Something else to look at is a set of battery heating pads or wraps. I like the pads a bit better but each work. You lift up your batteries and place elements below each of them, run the wiring and done. Even at negative 30 with this combo the trucks turn right over with great cranking power.

I also eliminated the factory fuel filter and ended up replacing with a racor spin on model that was capable of accepting a fuel bowl heater. Just installed it finally last year and its been nice. Not really needed if you run number one diesel or even 50/50 in most places. just food for thought, hope you get it all dialed in my friend.