• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Block heater question

avengeusa

who has the part number for the electrical block heater used by so many on this site, i have seen pics, looked for them or info for them and have had no luck

hoop

I have had 3 Kat's burn out and have read of many others. I since have put in Zerostart and have had no problems. The Zerostarts seem to be made a lot better. I am happier with them. But then a lot of people like Kat's.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have had 3 Kat's burn out and have read of many others. I since have put in Zerostart and have had no problems. The Zerostarts seem to be made a lot better. I am happier with them. But then a lot of people like Kat's.
What is the wattage and part number of the Zerostart, one that threads in like the 11619 kats?

hoop

3100093 "3/4 NPT" 1" copper element 400W
8604967 "3/4 NPT" 1 3/8" copper element 600W

Hope this makes it clearer.
My numbers ran together.

Last edited:

OEFISHER

Let me start with I am probably being stupid but?!?!? Can some one post a picture of where they installed the KAT's Heater. I have only found two 3/4 inch plugs. One on the water pump and the other has the heater supply line. Thanks in advance but after one 12" snow with below zero temps and another storm due day after tomorrow I decided I need one.

OEFISHER

Thanks for the quick reply drgreg. Youtube! Now I do feel stupid. I though about trying there but was afraid there would not be enough clearance. This is why I love this site. The wealth of knowledge is amazing!:-D

avengeusa

i just attempted to install the kats heater mentioned in this thread, it WILL NOT fit in the water pump area, the element hits the impellers or some other internal part of the water pump, so i am wondering where people are installing these

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks