• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Blocked Radiator Overflow Tube

Jake0147

I searched all over and found others with this issue, but no good solutions besides carrying the radiator to a shop, or cutting the tube and using hose and/or a new tube. It was bad enough that I couldn't push through with a coat hanger wire, and obviously when the coat hanger doesn't work, it only makes it worse. Here is my solution. An oil pressure gauge re-installation kit. I worked it in from the bottom, and of course I plugged the lower section of the radiator filler hole with a Capplug, although if I didn't have one to fit, I could have stuffed a rag in just as well. It took about five minutes to clear it. After that, I ran plain water down the tube to re-wet the dried up "pluggings", then snaked the hose down from the top without air, and applied air as I slowly removed it. This step was very successful in blowing out a very large amount of additional trash. Pouring water in the (plugged) filler now results in a substantial flow through the tube, so I believe the whole length to be fully opened at ths point. Far from a perfect solution, but it did work, maybe it'll help someone out.

Attachments

acetomatoco

you dun good... On some of my deuces the tube breaks off the soldering job (MF vibration)at the filler tube and I sweat in a barb and run rubber down the original route. I remember about 20 years ago, I bought a whole radiator shop at Fort Devens in 10 big crates and sold it to a truck radiator shop in Rhode Island...made a whole $1000 on a $30000 unit. Ah, the good old days before GL.

Jake0147

I bought a lawn tractor for fifty bucks in February because I thought I could use the mower deck. Turns out I couldn't, so I sold the whole thing for thirty bucks. This is why I work for somebody else.

Ifthe tube were already broken, I wouldn't think twice.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks