• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Blower fan switch M1009

cucvrus

I would say yes. Cut the plug. The one wire is the hot all the time the others send the signal to the resistor for speed. So twist the hot wire to one of the others and get it going for now. Are you having a hard time finding a switch?

cucvrus

Just make sure it did NOT jack up the plug that fits into that switch. Clean it really good and make sure it has a tight hold of the switch. Some cleaning and dielectric grease and you should be set. Not the longest lasting set up in that switch design. But it has outlasted the life expectancy 2 fold at this point.

REDWOLF

The switch itself is shot. Nothing there it moves up and down with no resistance and the blower does not come on. It has been going had to mess with it to come on. Now its done.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

REDWOLF

Can the blower speed control switch be changed from behind the dash? If so what holds it in? Or do I have to pull the bezel off to get to it.

cucvrus

If you are good and it has no radio you can reach up and change it, You will need to pull the knob from the switch to get it thru the control. It is not impossible and removing the bezel can be easy also. Good Luck. Get an awe so you can line up the screw holes on the bezel.

REDWOLF

I had the bezel off the other day to try and fix my dash lights, have to pull the entire gauge cluster out to fix them. The fan switch just came in tonight. I was able to unplug the harness from the switch and get the knob off, but can not figure out how to get the switch out.

cucvrus

1/4" headed screw on the inside middle of switch. Lay down and look up. You can do it with a 1/4" nut driver or just take the bezel back out. I know the feeling. Good Luck. No radio and it is fairly easy.

REDWOLF

Thanks cucvrus I pulled the bezel again hoping I could fix my volt gauge at the same time, no luck with that. I did get the switch installed. But looking at the old switch it was burnt on the high position, think this may have messed up the harness a bit that plugs onto the switch had to push the top wire itself in a little bit to get the high speed to work.

cucvrus

Behind the rear battery. Check that plug on the resistor. See if it is corroded or loose. That won't help keep the dash switch cool and trouble free if it needs some cleaning. Good Luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks