• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Blown Hub Seal?

charlesmann

Can you send pics of the plugs when you get them? I need to plug mine as well.
will do. I just went to the local hydraulic place, figuring its an or ms, but come to find out, its british pipe thread. Its just a plug like for a hydraulic line, with an oring groove on it.
i had him order 4 for me. Just dont know what to put in the front hubs as a plug.

Steelreaper80

I put it all back together today. I "think" I put the inner seals in correctly. They seemed loose under the locking ring. I also made another mistake and put the inner race in the hub before I put the hub spacer in but since I am not using CTIS I was told it was not needed. I packed the bearings by hand with Red N Tacky and put it on. I torqued the inner nut as tight as I could with a 3/4" breaker bar, spun the hub, torqued again, spun, then backed it off. I then spun it again, torqued it lightly then backed it off until only slightly more than finger tight. I then gorilla tightened the outer nut. New flange gasket and put the tire on. I will drive it tomorrow and see how I did. Boyce had the correct hub plug for where the CTIS went into the hub. I will pull all the other wheels and re-pack the bearings as soon as I can.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks