• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Blown turbo

Lost the turbo on my M109A3, losing lots of oil out the turbo discharge tube. Being not very mechanically inclined I'm trying to figure out my options before I spend $1,800 to have her hauled home...
The turbo is not working at all. Can I bypass it some how to get my oil pressure back up? Can I drive it without a turbo even if I get the oil pressure back up?
Its a 1972 multi fuel with low miles. The turbo will be replaced, any suggestions as to where to find one that's not gonna cost a $1000?
I am open to any all suggestions you guys may have. And thanks in advance for your input!!!

Chris....

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How far to get home? You could take it off, plug the pressure line and put a stopper in the drain, but it will be obnoxiously loud. You'll need to figure out a way to put filtered air into the engine.

Check the blow by tube for obstructions, if air can't get out, it creates crankcase pressure and cause leaks at seals and turbos. Also, is this a new to you truck that has been just started and not driven? Multi fuels will slobber out the turbo if they aren't run hard/loaded and only idled.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks