• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bo lights.....

Ripcord01

No use as civi. For military they are used in combat areas so they are not lighting up the whole area with a white light. Most commonly used in association with night vision goggles.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
There is no civilian use for modern backout drive lights......during WWII some civy vehicles had them so they could operate during air raid drills or blackout conditions.

I have driven with blackout drive lights and they can be challenging.....you have to know how to read them.....especially when in a convoy at night.

Once Night Vision Goggles became common place they made driving with blackout drive a lot easier.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've tried to drive with the backout drive light in a open field. Couldn't hardly tell it was on. I'm glad I was in a open field where I couldn't hit anything. I have followed another MV running backouts and that was much easier.

So my advice is, travel in a convoy and make sure you're not the one in front.

About the only thing they are good for in the civilian world is a ticket if you run them on the road. ;)

KsM715

So my advice is, travel in a convoy and make sure you're not the one in front.

You don't want to be at the very end of the convoy either. Once the slinky starts you usually end up with someone rearending the vehicle in front of them trying to keep up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks