• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Boarding ladder mounts

Nick

I am brainstorming for how to be able to use my boarding ladder with my M101 whan camping, or just needing to get in with the tailgate closed.

What Im thinking is, since I dont want to cut holes in the tailgate or frame, I have bent the tabs on the top of the ladder flat. I then would take two of the tailgate hinge tabs, drill into the frame, install them flat, with the hole horizontal. then I can drill a hole in the ladder tabs and have a way to secure the ladder so it wont slip or become disengaged.

I am talking using two seprate tabs, not the ones used for the tailgate. So does anyone happen to have two extra they would be willing to let go? Theres one on ebay now, but its 15 bucks and theres only one.

Whattya think??

Thanks
Nick

Attachments

Last edited:

papakb

Nick,

I'd just leave the tabs on the ladder flat and and set it on the lowerlip of the tailgate. Then use the close line tensioners that came with the boarding ladder originally and hook them to the shackles to keep the ladder in place.

Kurt

Nick

I didnt know there were tensioners that came with the ladder. I dont have em. If i put it on the lower lip of the tailgate, wouldnt it bend the lip down when its climbed? The bad thing is there are no shackles on the rear of the trailer frame. I dont know what happened to them, when I got it it didnt have em.

Nick

papakb

Nick,

At the lower end of the boarding ladder there should be two attaching points for the tensioners. They were just green rope running thru a clothesline tensioner to a clip that attached to the vehicle. This kept the ladders bottom from sliding away fron the vehicle. Here's a link to a spot where you can buy them:

Amazon.com: Franklin Mfg. 70BL Clothesline Tightener: Home Improvement

I wouldn't worry about denting the tailgate but if you're worried about it then buy a piece of square stock steel tubing and slip it inside the lower rail of the tailgate.

Kurt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks