• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Boarding ladder - MRAP - Could this fit any if our MV's?

therooster2001

Looks like Sportsman's Guide has some boarding ladders from an MRAP, $100. Wondering how this would work out on a M925A2, if it fits on the top of the tailgate, or even goes over it to the bed. With the ladder on, I couldn't open the tailgate if secured to the bed, and it's 86 lbs, so don't know how easy it would be to take off and on. Might be a bit too big for the 5-ton, but might work on others, or big trailers, shops, etc. Check it out.

Sportsmanladder.jpg
87ffb6_54ea3baa1c79405e8c5c2b83eb703b7f.jpg_srz_800_600_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz.jpg

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If its steel, I'd pass. You could make something much better imho for the time and money you'd spend adapting that.

If its aluminum, I'd say get it and rework it.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a 2 piece ladder. It separates right below the feet in the middle. The bottom section would be useful but not so much the top, to me anyways. Here's a closeup picture of the bottom section from Ebay. The design of the steps says aluminum to me. Too much machining to design them that way from steel in my opinion. You could use 2 simple pin mounts and let the bottom hang freely. Of course $100 for a 3 step ladder is a bit much for me, aluminum or not.

FWIW, that's a Buffalo trainer built on an M939A2 chassis.

Screenshot_2017-05-11-06-36-31.jpg

Last edited:

therooster2001

FYIW, they say it's tubular steel, so assume it's steel all the way.
They did also have a ramp / ladder for $60, all aluminum. 66 lbs.

ladderalum.jpg

82".

Just passing it on. I bought a ladder off eBay (the 80" aluminum 6 step one)

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I knew that looked a little funny, but that's the only pict I could find from the Buffalo with the ladder showing. Guess no one like rear ends...
Guess they're not aluminum. Eastern Surplus lists them as steel too. Here's a couple other pictures I found. I agree, pictures of the back of vehicles can be tough to find.

002_BuffaloMPRCparbravo457.jpg

p4170611.jpg

download.jpg

I only mentioned it being an M939 chassis because there is going to be a height difference between the trainer and an actual Buffalo. I've stood next to a Buffalo before and it's Ginormous. I want one...but I digress. :mrgreen:

red

One sitting kinda next to my JERRV MRAP in Iraq at the mechanics shop. Picking up the JERRV after they had finished replacing the front axle/leaf springs (got airborne and broke the front end on the landing).

P4300177.jpg

All MRAP's are big, but the Buffalo is absolutely huge.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Must resist the impulse to buy ramps...
Remember, the first step is admitting you have a problem.

FWIW, I have never made it past that step, so I don't know what to do after that step.

Step, steps, ladder. The universe is telling me to buy these steps to help me with my problem! Also the four nasty road rash spots on the left leg after a huge mis-step getting out of the truck this morning. I tried real hard to make my shin and knee fit in that small space between the toolboxes.

See, if I had these steps, I could have avoided all this pain and suffering.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All MRAP's are big, but the Buffalo is absolutely huge.
i bought 4 Buffalo MRAP wheels and tires on GL. Jeez, even they weigh more than any other wheel I have tried to move. The tire guys were cursing me. I still have to get the runflats out.

someoldmoose

Best part of a Buffalo to see, the rear. Safest place to be, sorta. [thumbzup]

buffalobwana, sorry to hear about your fall. Hope yer OK. That is why I am gonna build an escalator :beer: on the back of my 820. Gettin too old for anti-gravity experiments and broken hips in the middle of Baja probably aren't much fun.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks