• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bob job

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have a source for m35 front shackles and springs .Any help would be appreciated Thanks:grin:
Email or call Dave at M35 For Sale. Deuces for Sale Turbo Diesel, Army Trucks, Logging, Heavy Trucks, Off-Road Big Trucks, Four Wheel Drive, Parts, Truck Parts, M35 parts, M35A2 parts, Deuce and a half parts, Reo parts, 5 ton parts, M900 parts, military vehicles for sale,

They even have bolt kits for the spring hangars and such for the guys that already have the springs and hangars.

Attachments

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea you right. I like to use the front sprins for the Deuce also. I also like the Deuce bed cut down and will be trying that next. You could watch GSA auctions for a cheap truck and part out what you don't need.

Last edited:

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I plan to cut the duce bed and go with the dual wheels. I like the 105 bed but i think I like the cut duce bed more what do you think?
A few pics from the other camp for comparison.
The last pic is for Richard!

Attachments

mckeeranger

I plan to cut the duce bed and go with the dual wheels. I like the 105 bed but i think I like the cut duce bed more what do you think?
I like the cut down deuce bed for duals, but I like the M105 bed with singles.

If you want a cover, it is easier to find an M105 cover than it is to have the M35 cover modified.

We have a "spare" M35A2 I've been thinking about bobbing. The truck is solid, but it has a lot of rust in the bed. It will probably come down to what we can find the cheapest and quickest, if/when the time comes.

3d63

I totally agree with you . But I am not knocking Any body else s taste. its all a matter of person preference and I have to say either way they pretty bad *ss to me :)

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used 5 ton front spring setup I like over the 2.5 ton weight rateing
the 5 ton had a more stable towing and that it wont let the rear drop down as much 2.5 ton did.
Also I went with air ride on my lates build.
And it ride better than 389 Peter built did.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I'm thinking about using the springs from one of these:

It's rated at 2.5 tons, so it should be batter than an M105.
It's set up as a spring-under but shouldn't be a big deal to flip it.

Thoughts, opinions?
I think you should read the rules before you post.