• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bobbed 6x6

bjc

hey folks,

newbie here...and no i don't have a deuce yet...but what got me hooked was the bobbed deuces.

i was reading a thread about someone selling a bobbed 6x6....folks were hate'n on it, but i thought it was pretty cool...tonka truckish... don't flame me too badly..:smile:

just wondering if anyone has the link for it or some pix of it?

thanks.

bj

exbrown

I like the look. I have seen pictures of a few of them.

I am bobbig one deuce, and I have considered shortening another one and leaving the tandem axles.

Blood_of_Tyrants

If I were to bob a deuce and leave it a 6 X 6, I would simply shorten the frame with a Z cut and weld it back. You will have to relocate the fuel tank, though.

bjc

i just saw the pictures of one yesterday....apparently there's a guy selling one, or has been trying to sell on for a while and someone posted it up on a thread...can't find it now for some reason...

i was telling myself to book mark it...and didn't...

dunno about Z cutting....i'd still like to load it down and/or pull with it (if that's possible in this type of setup). that would be one **** of a fish plate though to keep it together :).

bj

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
BOT is right. I've shortened and lengthened frames on trucks that haul alot more weight than a deuce without problems. Just cut the frame behind the cab, take out what you don't want, and weld it back together. Any welder worth his salt can weld it where it won't break. This is fairly common practice in the trucking world.

greenery

that was what i am considering doing when i get my deuce, but not so short, like half that length, to like a tractor- sort ov length, all the tires so close makes it look like an immense argo cat

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wonder how it will feel to drive. If I had to guess like (rap.
I might shorten a frame but I would never cut and weld one back together inless the weld is behind the rear spring hanger.

greenery

floridianson: im with you on that one, seems unsafe, besides tht you have to cut the driveshaft down or get a custom one made, the examples pictured hav been shortened to much and it looks like it limits the articulation of the axles and might hav baaaad tire rub, not to mention ride like a brick on gravel

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks