• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed '71 deuce price check

bamnq6

Hello all-

I've been perusing a local deuce and I'm looking for some advice on the seller's requested price...

Details:
71 deuce m35a2
~30,000 miles with just shy of 1,000 hours
It appears that the last date on the motor is 92
hard-top
body is pretty decent, minimal rust or dents, paint is... c-pool acceptable
bobbed with a shortened bed.
bob was done using oem front springs and perches
The shortened bed looks great, has side-rails (no troopseats) bows and tarp are included (tarp is in rather sad shape)
Winch is included, but not installed
49" goodyears (hvy equipment tires) with a little weather checking
recentered wheels (by boyce?)
Interior is okay, serviceable but not great.
included are all 10 original tires and wheels and back axle.
It's registered as a standard vehicle (not commercial, not historical)

Needs:
-Batteries
-Tach is not working
-Passenger rear drum is leaking fluid (owner suspects wheel cylinder)

This is a package deal with an m105 trailer. Trailer has bows and a canvas, but the top is alittle see thru... He has driven is on several 50-60 miles trips up to his summer cabin in the mountains, so it's generally road worthy, less the current brake issues...

Asking price is $9500. This seems a little rich to me.

I'm thinking 8k would be right if it was road worthy. Is $7750 a fair offer with the brake woes???

Last edited:

Jeepsinker

There is a 6x6 truck with winch, cargo cover and trailer with cargo cover all in much better shape than the one you described to us for $5500. You could buy that and have it shipped to you and still be a few thousand bucks ahead. Check the classifieds section here. There are some bobbed trucks too if you must have a bobber.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seems high . Remember you are buying somebody else's BOBBER job . I agree with Jeepsinker , there are a lot of M35's around , take your time and buy the RIGHT one , much better in the long run . Remember it's all TIME any Money , YOURS . good luck

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Why buy a NEUTERED 6x6 for a high price when you can BUY a REAL MV for a lot less, just because it has been cut up and modded does not mean it is worth more money. Just like a old piece of furniture sells for a fairly cheap price, call it a "antique" and it sells for a higher price.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks