• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed Deuce Dump Bed

Rusty nuts

Well I finally got tired of watching the wife have to hand shovel gravel all the time out of the Deuce so I decided to put a dump bed on. When I did the Bob I used a 105 trailer bed and kept it low by only putting 1.5" wood strips on the frame. Doing the dump conversion I wanted to keep the bed as low as possible so I set the lift down in the frame rails and it fit nicely. I have 8" clearance between the diff and the bottom of the lift and the sub frame the trailer will bolt to is 2.5"x1/4" wall tubing. Had my son do the final welding as he is more flexible and better than I am :roll: So far I am very happy and should have everything finished up by the weekend.

CIMG1862.jpgCIMG1870.jpgCIMG1876.jpgCIMG1878.jpgCIMG1879.jpg
CIMG1880.jpgCIMG1881.jpgCIMG1883.jpgCIMG1884.jpg

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Nice work. I've often thought about putting a dump mechanism on my deuce. Got any more detail on the hinges? Do they shift forward and back? I'm not sure I understand them.

Rusty nuts

Nice work. I've often thought about putting a dump mechanism on my deuce. Got any more detail on the hinges? Do they shift forward and back? I'm not sure I understand them.
They are just a standard pivot pin hinge. They came with the hoist kit from Premium Supply, I am guessing they have that tail piece to give you more weld surface area.

Do you have pictures with it completed? I'm preparing to shorten and install a bed on a 5t tractor and would love to make a dumper. How much overhang in the back do you have?