• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed Deuce Dump Bed

Rusty nuts

Well I finally got tired of watching the wife have to hand shovel gravel all the time out of the Deuce so I decided to put a dump bed on. When I did the Bob I used a 105 trailer bed and kept it low by only putting 1.5" wood strips on the frame. Doing the dump conversion I wanted to keep the bed as low as possible so I set the lift down in the frame rails and it fit nicely. I have 8" clearance between the diff and the bottom of the lift and the sub frame the trailer will bolt to is 2.5"x1/4" wall tubing. Had my son do the final welding as he is more flexible and better than I am :roll: So far I am very happy and should have everything finished up by the weekend.

CIMG1862.jpgCIMG1870.jpgCIMG1876.jpgCIMG1878.jpgCIMG1879.jpg
CIMG1880.jpgCIMG1881.jpgCIMG1883.jpgCIMG1884.jpg

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Nice work. I've often thought about putting a dump mechanism on my deuce. Got any more detail on the hinges? Do they shift forward and back? I'm not sure I understand them.

Rusty nuts

Nice work. I've often thought about putting a dump mechanism on my deuce. Got any more detail on the hinges? Do they shift forward and back? I'm not sure I understand them.
They are just a standard pivot pin hinge. They came with the hoist kit from Premium Supply, I am guessing they have that tail piece to give you more weld surface area.

Do you have pictures with it completed? I'm preparing to shorten and install a bed on a 5t tractor and would love to make a dumper. How much overhang in the back do you have?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks