• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed Deuce Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

fulleraviation

Have a Bobbed Duce coming from Oklahoma. Started working on insurance and they are wanting photos. I put the brakes on because I'm not sure that they will give me insurance if they see it's Bobbed!

Any help would be great, please!!

I have also read the posts on Tags and still questioning a regular tag or antique for a military vehicle.

Thanks,
Rut

wsucougarx

More than likely the insurance will not notice the difference b/w a Bobbed and non-bobbed. Just got off the phone w/State Farm for my non-bobbed '88. They were only interested in the following: Gross Weight, # of rear axles, purpose of truck, how many miles do I expect to drive it per year, am I hiring the truck out, what kind of truck it was. The question of the tag can only be answered by yourself based upon your intentions w/the truck. Mine is a rally/parade/joyride truck only-Collector Plates. If it were my daily driver or planned on making stops at Home Depot then I would do regular plates

rsbanker

Did my deuce online with Progressive while en route to pick mine up. Had it insured in minutes and printed up the Proof of Insurance at my hotel. USAA was not so agreeable - couldn't get past the serial number...

There is a very good thread on insurance if you look for the following:

News: USAA will start insuring deuces and other MVs in the fall

Good Luck.

Last edited:

DMaddox

Monday I called my state farm ins agent and got what they call a Historic Vehicle Ins policy for my Bobbed deuce. The price is $120 a year they already had all of the information on the truck from the previous Commercial policy that i had which ran about $800 a year. What a difference. Yesterday I went down to the local dmv and got Historic tags, its a one time fee of $59 the plate never expires there is no anual renual ever, however i will still have to pay ky property tax which is $17.20.. ;-)

Jakob

Monday I called my state farm ins agent and got what they call a Historic Vehicle Ins policy for my Bobbed deuce. The price is $120 a year they already had all of the information on the truck from the previous Commercial policy that i had which ran about $800 a year. What a difference. Yesterday I went down to the local dmv and got Historic tags, its a one time fee of $59 the plate never expires there is no anual renual ever, however i will still have to pay ky property tax which is $17.20.. ;-)
Did you have to do anything special for Historic tags and what are the limits on those in KY?

DMaddox

no i did not have to do anything special. just told the guy i wanted historic plates, he said ok it took less than five minutes. There are restrictions, no commercial use,
"historic vehicle" shall mean all motor vehicles twenty-five (25) years old or older, which are used primarily for exhibition in shows, parades, tours, and other special uses, but not for general transportation.

chvss65

my bobbed deuce is insured as a pickup, with state farm and agent has pics and has seen it personally. the policy is a agreed value with 3000 mile limit for approx $15 a month, no problems on my end

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks