• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed Deuce - Load Tested

wehring

OK guys and gals... don't bash me for this very subjective test but here it goes. I loaded some dirt/bricks/rubble in a bobber and towed a trailer with a loader. The springs were taxed but not on the bump stops. How much did it weigh... I don't know. But the pics are worth a look.

I was very happy to see that the our ball hitch sat very level with a load. It has a slight cant to it so it tilts up when unloaded. With a load (when you USE it) it sits level!!!

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

Attachments

wehring

Drove fine

It drove fine. The air brakes on the trailer were a plus. It is an Engineering Equipment Trailer for use with the MTVR.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

wehring

Sorry

Unfortunately this was a 1 of 1 deal. It was mfr in 2006 so they will not show up on the surplus market for a while. I could not repeat the deal if I had to... right place at the right time. It is the only type of pintle pull trailer with a dovetail in use by Uncle Sam.

The axles have 18" of travel & articulation!

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

mjw4669

Ive been looking at deuces as a means to transport my jeep/ gear around to offroad parks and stuff like that. I figured i'd need one of the XLWB trucks and just park it on the back. If i could find a trailer like that i'd much rather get a bobbed deuce and trailer my junk around. It'd make driving around town w/o the trailer a lot more fun

Do you know if there is anything similar that'd be easier to find? I'm not too worried about the dovetail part. Anything over 16 feet that can hold 4500 pounds would be awesome

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks very nice! Seems like a big trailer for a deuce though. What kind of trailers was the deuce made to pull? i know its a vague question, but it would be nice to have an equipment trailer. I believe the M1061's were 12 or 14 foot long. Would a M1061 be the best suited trailer for a deuce?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The axles have 18" of travel & articulation!

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112
I would love to have some pics of the axle/suspension setup. I've got a pair of M105s that I'm going to pull the axles out of to build a trailer kind of like yours. I'm trying to figure out how to build the suspension.

KsM715

Do you have M105 springs on your Deuce or do you have front deuce springs? Nice looking setup!

I have not researched this for myself but I have read on here that the M105 springs and the front deuce springs are the same. I could be wrong though.

wehring

well...

They are front springs.

I will post some pics of the walkingbeam design. It is a jazzy idea in that they used a multipiece design that allows for movement at 2 joints per axle instead of just the fulcrum.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

92RT-TT

I may be wrong but I think the trailer has a 4 inch wide spring and the front deuce spring is 4.5 inches. Although that is just what I've heard. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I only ask because I've got an m105 trailer and once I pick up a deuce I plan to bob it and I'd like the strongest spring so if that means the m105 spring then I'll go with that, otherwise I'll buy a set of front springs.