• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed Deuce on Extreme 4X4 (SpikeTV)

91W350

It has been sold and is currently westbound on I70 somewhere around Topeka, Ks.. On its way to Grand Island Nebraska. I am on standby, in the event it has a mechanical failure of some sort. They left Warrenton Missouri in it early this morning. Glen

91W350

It is broke down in Topeka, one of the rear suspension arms spat out a bolt. If you are not aware, the truck rides on air bags in the rear. They are doing roadside surgery. Glen

68t

Well i was glad to see the show again. I try to watch all the car and truck show on spike. My nephew is pick up another halftack today. and I hope to get my m38a1 jeep today.

Attachments

91W350

Bad Luck/ Most Anyone Can Replace A Bolt. Good Luck With Repairs And Getting It Home. :grd:
It is home in Nebraska now. The bolt was a minor repair, but it could have created a horrible disaster and an ugly smear on the hobby. I am not one to get ugly about another man's work, but they made a lot of foolish mistakes. A great start, the new owners need to carefully scrutinize anything that was converted, like extending the steel brake lines with copper tubing. Like mounting the brake light switch so it protrudes up under the brake pedal on top of the floor..Like mounting the exhaust stack to the fiberglass cab..... Just a lot of little things... It has many issues, nothing really expensive, just notched up stuff that needs cleaned up. I would love to have it. Glen

Am Glad That You Got It Home . I Run In To That Problem Alot I Fool With A Lot Different Vehicles And See Things Put Together So Fast And So Cheaply Done I Wonder Sometimes How This Vehicle Could Ever Move With Out Falling Apart. Enjoy Your Duece. I Tried To Buy It But You Were Faster.:grd:

It is home in Nebraska now. The bolt was a minor repair, but it could have created a horrible disaster and an ugly smear on the hobby. I am not one to get ugly about another man's work, but they made a lot of foolish mistakes. A great start, the new owners need to carefully scrutinize anything that was converted, like extending the steel brake lines with copper tubing. Like mounting the brake light switch so it protrudes up under the brake pedal on top of the floor..Like mounting the exhaust stack to the fiberglass cab..... Just a lot of little things... It has many issues, nothing really expensive, just notched up stuff that needs cleaned up. I would love to have it. Glen
I dunno about the other stuff, but the tags that mount the stack are bolted to the cab, unless they changed the upper mount when they put the fiberglass roof on the cab. I saw a couple things I would have done a little differently had it been my truck, but that was the episode that took me back to when I was 10 years old, looking at the deuces at the National Guard armory down the street from the house I grew up in and invisioning a single axle on leaf springs with an M105 bed. Since the first airing of that project, it became my ultimate goal to have a bobbed deuce. Now comes the fun part! After I bob my 72 KJ M35A2, I'm planning to move to southern Nebraska. I'd love to take a picture or two of my truck "Corporal Punishment" next to that truck, "General Granite"! Anyone know who the current owner is? If he happens to read this, Please PM me. I have a couple questions if you don't mind me asking.
:driver:

91W350

They are pretty easy to reach, send me a PM and I will try to put you in contact with them. He has done a lot of patching, learning the hard way....

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is broke down in Topeka, one of the rear suspension arms spat out a bolt. If you are not aware, the truck rides on air bags in the rear. They are doing roadside surgery. Glen
What is it about 2 1/2 tons braking down in Topeka, KS. What ever you do, do not take the truck to Kansas powertrain & equipment, ripoff. Hey Glen.

jsthnt@gmail.com

Glen, how is it going. I was going to call you and see how you are doing. I just do not know when is a good time with your new job. I am thinking about doing a thread on all I have done to it. There is still a lot to do. I just have to do it a little at a time when I scape up the money.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks