• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed Deuce Options

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been thinking of bobbing a deuce and want to use the original wheels and tires. I would also like to keep duals on the rear axle but utilize a deuce front suspension in case I want to go with larger tires later. Finally, I would chop the existing bed. Any issues that would make this project unrealistic?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I don't have pics on this new puter but if you do a seach of my posts you can prob find a pic of my bobber.....it had 1100x20 tires on it and I kept it dual tires in the rear.
I used a commercial flat bed and fabbed dual exhausts from HUMVEE fording pipes.

If you want a mean look get the 1100x20 raidals and dual them out on the rear.

The NDTs suck on wet roads anyway.

MO MV man

I have been thinking of bobbing a deuce and want to use the original wheels and tires. I would also like to keep duals on the rear axle but utilize a deuce front suspension in case I want to go with larger tires later. Finally, I would chop the existing bed. Any issues that would make this project unrealistic?
That's exactly what I did, initially.
And it worked GREAT!
VERY straightforward project.
Any questions, PM me.

Shortly thereafter, I swapped on the HEMTT wheels and 395 Michelin's.
MUCH better! 8)

MO MV man

I didn't have to modify my driveshaft at all.
I only moved the axle back about 2"-to center it in the bed.
And there's PLENTY of splineage in the front driveshaft to accomodate it.

Many miles later and I have zero complaints or problems to report.

militarytrux

I did the same thing but extended the drive shaft 4" and left a little more room at the front of the bed to the transfer case mount

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks