• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bobbed deuce project info please

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm another new guy considering buying a Deuce and bobbing it.

So to simplify the bob-job instructions:

1) Torch and hammer out the rivets holding the rear suspension to the frame.

2) Remove ??" from rear frame.

3) Install a pair of front springs to rear frame. (see "a" below).

4) Install rear axle to new springs. (does it matter which of the tandem axles you use?)

5) Lengthen rear driveshaft accordingly.

6) I imagine the brake lines and some electrical wires to the rear of the truck will require some fanangling?

a) What do you guys use for spring hangers and shackles? Are these welded or bolted to the frame?

You forgot to remove all the bumperets and bracing from the rear pindle crap and drill out alll them holes. That will be worse than the shackles

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I gearing up my self and I think I will mesure how much space is now between the cab and bed of the Deuce then give the 105 bed the same space and see how that looks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks