• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed Deuce update

M1075

Balance

Keep us posted. I know you will share the pics when you can. What are your plans for balancing those tires? If you are going a 1000 miles, I know you will want them running true.

hummin2london

I'm open to any ideas. I have no clue how to balance them (and nor will the blokes doing the tires!).

On another note, the truck overheated a bit when it threw the fan belts. Seem to run fine when I replaced the belts and drove it to work. Drove to the hockey rink tonight and on the way home it started running a bit rough. Kinda chuffs, if you know what I mean, not smooth. I did put a 5 gal can of diesel thats been sitting around for some time so I'm hoping it might just be some dodgy fuel...

ANy and all thoughts appreciated!

Cheers,

FSBruva

I guess I should have just waited, and my other thread could have been merged into this one...

I have found a little bit of info about using golf balls, Centramatics and Dyna-bead, as well as some balancing powders.

Interested in the answer to this question, myself....

Matt

hummin2london

WHen I did the rear axle, I left it connected to the drive shaft and bolted the springs in place so I would not have to modify the driveline. I mis-measured a little bit. I thought the bed would line right up leaving about the 10" you are looking at. In reality, the bed is a bit long for that. I had to cut the bottom third of the centre rib in the front of the trailer bed (does that make sense?) to up and over the cab support mount. If you stand back from the truck at perfect right angle you can just make out that the rear axle is forward of the wheel well centre on the bed by an inch or two. As my dear old mother would say, "A blind begger riding by backwards on a horse would'nt notice." I dont know where she gets those or what they mean, so don't ask, but I think she's right.

Next project (there is always a next one isn't there!) would be to take a duece, whip the bed and rear axle off, install the m105 bed all the way back on the standard frame, install the single axle under it and make a quad cab. fab up long drive shaft and,Viola! Mega Super Duty. Ford aint got nothing on me ;-)

Cheers!

hummin2london

Balance

M1075 said:
Keep us posted. I know you will share the pics when you can. What are your plans for balancing those tires? If you are going a 1000 miles, I know you will want them running true.
Rims from daniel at usa6x6 arrived today! The guys at the air force post office were less than amused by how heavy it all was ;-) I still have to unrwrap everything to make sure its all there as I don't see the beadlocks right off. Unfortunatly, I have to go to Stuttgart tomorrow night for the weekend for duty, so won't be able to get it done over the weekend. I'm hoping to drop the rims and tires off monday or tuesday to my pals at the off road tire shop.

cheers!

hummin2london

Thanks! Out of curiousity, if the beadlocks are not in the packaging, can you mount the rims/tires without them? I would rather have them of course, but if it means waiting weeks and weeks to get them...

Cheers!

M1075

Yes, shouldn't be a problem. I think it would actually be easier to do. Only he would send the rims without the beadlocks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks