• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed Deuce Wight Distribution Question

GPappy

Bobbed Deuce Weight Distribution Question

I did a search but could not find the answer to this question so forgive me if it is buried someplace, I couldn't find it.

Has anyone weighed their Bobber and know what the weight distribution on the front vs. the rear is on their truck? I am working on suspension design and want to figure the weight on the rear. I realize that it will vary by bed type and wheel base but I need to start someplace.

Would also like to know if anyone has the weight of the rear axles?

Last edited:

GPappy

Mine is- W/W and M105 box

Front axle: 7080#

Rear axle: 4700#

I had assumed 60/40 so not too far off. So if you assume 2 ton load capaility the GVW would be just shy of 16000# and the weight using the front springs on the back would be just about right.

I got a good deal on a set of new airsprings that are rated for 8000# so they are going to be way over kill given deducting the unsprung weight in the back and the load must be more like 1700# per side and less than #3500 fully loaded. Now I need to find out how bad it would be to run the air springs so much below their optimum loading or stick with the trailer springs.

Thanks for the information.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks