• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed M35A2 Northeast PA inspection trouble

dusterjh

Hello All,
I have a M35A2 bobbed with 14.00 tires and the inspection ran out and I can't find anyone that will inspect it here in Northeaster, PA (Towanda, PA). Does anyone in the area have a source for an inspection garage that will inspect these?
I've been to a couple places and some said it is too tall and another said no because there aren't any seatbelts even though I explained they weren't installed from the factory so you don't need them (grandfathered in).
Any help would be appreciated.

AN/ARC186

Try the inspection garage on the edge of town in Newfoundland(wish I could remember the new name, it used to be called "Corks")
They were always pretty good about applying common sense when doing an inspection.

You could also try one of the garages in Tobyhanna, since the depot is there I bet you wouldn't have a problem.

dusterjh

Thanks guys.
I'm going to order some of the 9.00 20 tires and wheels and swap them out and see. If not I'll try the guys in Newfoundland

Srjeeper

Here's a couple numbers to try in Monroe County..

Frank 610-381-2622
Schlier's 570-629-0293
Murray's 570-839-7270

Tell em what ya have and see what they have to say.
I'm sure one of these guy's can help ya out or point you towards someone that can.

appnut1

Althugh I do not live in PA anymore I still have my license to inspect vehicles there, I can tell you if the area trooper is a stickler for bumper heights you could have trouble try another shop. Aftermarket seat belts are inexpensive and easy to install and in the overall scheme of things not a bad idea.

duecedodger

I live In SE PA and have a deuce and am having trouble getting it inspected because there are no diesel inspection stations in my area. And every garage around here cant fit a deuce in the garage so no go. any thoughts on where to go?
Thanks Frank

2sparky

I am in southampton Pa. It is just north of philly. Give Grows' Auto a try 215-322-9320 they do a good job going over the truck but still pass me ever time.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
If I was a inspection station, I would only inspect a bobber as a NEW build, because it is no longer a 3 axle truck, and as it is a NEW build there would be NO grandfathing, to inspect as anything else would be fraud and not worth loosing my ispection license over. The only way around a NEW build inspection would be a pa antique plate.

Last edited:

saddamsnightmare

November 21st, 2013.

Regret to say, but....

Ditto above. Especially as you deleted 1/3 of the brake and weight capacity without doing any equivalent engineering documentation as would be required on a new truck. They will likely only recognize it as a 2-1/2 ton truck, out of engineering specifications. Good luck, but one of these days Uncle is going to get involved when one of these monsters goes out and kills someone.....:popcorn: Antique plate it, then you will have to live with whatever those restrictions are, as otherwise I believe PA will hold you to a commercial truck standard. Its just a thought....

JasonS

In my discussions with the state/ county authorities... they only care if you ADD an axle and INCREASE weight capacity. I even sent pictures and description of my bobbed truck to the state office (I was trying to get it reclassified as a p/u, no go) and there was no concern with the modifications. What would make it more dangerous than the 6x6 version unless you try to load it to 6x6 capacity?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks