• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed truck with cut down M34 bed

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To reproduce that truck you'll need a rust free gasser and a pretty hard to find M34 bed. Doubt it happens anytime soon.:roll:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HNDRSONJ, I agree. I doubt it will happen because of the rare bed. I especially hope it won't happen because of the same rare bed. Cutting a deuce that is a fairly common vehicle is one thing; cutting up a rare bed is another.

UpstateNYer

HNDRSONJ, I agree. I doubt it will happen because of the rare bed. I especially hope it won't happen because of the same rare bed. Cutting a deuce that is a fairly common vehicle is one thing; cutting up a rare bed is another.
I was thinking more along the lines of building a bed similar in style. Sure the M105 bed or a cut down M35 bed would be cheaper and faster, but I have a tendency to do everything the hard way so.... As far as starting with a gasser, I have no intention of that. I am about half way through my M35A2 crew cab conversion and am thinking ahead to the box.

Last edited:

Dragon15601

My two cents: Looks like it could be done with off the shelf parts except for the bed.
So why not fab a bed to spec from scratch and complete the job.
Now you need a spec sheet for the bed.:-D

UpstateNYer

I am thinking along the lines of this. Sorry to Maccus and CCEquipment for chopping up their trucks.

My two cents: Looks like it could be done with off the shelf parts except for the bed.
So why not fab a bed to spec from scratch and complete the job.
Now you need a spec sheet for the bed.:-D
Yeah, now I need some to modify the sheet and the Data plate for my dash.

Attachments

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you right click on it and open it in a new tab it is legible.
Yes I have had it on my hard drive for some time, I was hoping for a full size version. this file is approx 5 x7 @100%
hard to read at best, which is why I would like a clear full size version.

Does it say on that sheet that it was a modified M34 bed?
Or is that a best guess

UpstateNYer

Yes I have had it on my hard drive for some time, I was hoping for a full size version. this file is approx 5 x7 @100%
hard to read at best, which is why I would like a clear full size version.

Does it say on that sheet that it was a modified M34 bed?
Or is that a best guess
It does not say, however the M34 or the M135 bed w/o the diagonal straps are the only beds I know of with a square wheel opening. What bed was in use during 1955 when the Data sheet was created?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe there were two built. Jacks in Tucson has about a dozen M34's that were modded by the bureau of indian affairs that have the center floors of the beds cut out. One of them would be very easy to cut down into a bobbed truck.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
if two were built by Detroit arsenal and since this was a in-house build, i would guess a m34 got used, i have seen pics of other in-house builds, it is plan to see where the ideas and parts came from though never stated

is there any testing data for these

KsM715

What truck did I chop up to make into a bobbed deuce? I have never had a bobbed deuce. I am more of a collector than a whacker. I did make a replica of a M48 because at the time there was no known working M48 in existence.

I think he just used a pic of your truck bed and a pic of CC equipments truck to photo shop his truck.

UpstateNYer

What truck did I chop up to make into a bobbed deuce? I have never had a bobbed deuce. I am more of a collector than a whacker. I did make a replica of a M48 because at the time there was no known working M48 in existence.

I was apologizing for using a pic of your M34 to hack up the bed. Not accusing you of hacking up a truck. Sorry for any confusion.