• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed weight?

jluv1185

I did a quick search and found nothing on this. How much does a bobbed deuce weigh? I figure if you chop some of that thick frame off, remove a whole axle, and that long bed you should loose quite a bit of pounds. Right? Has anybody put one on the scales? Or even weighed the leftovers?

gunboy1656

There would still be a lot of factors that will increase the weight back up, like wheels. Only way to determine the weight is to go take your truck and put it on the scale itself.

snakeater

with a chopped down stock bed, usa 6x6 double beadlocks and 53" michelins my truck weights just under 11k. Can't remember exactly, but i did put it on a scale once. In answer to your other question you can figure losing about 2k lbs in the bob job. what you add back as far as wheels and tires you will have to calculate . Snakeater

wehring

oops..

Sorry, that pic was one I photochopped to remove the step and box under the driver's door. To see what it will look like. The truck has the normal box and step.

Justin

mikew

The scales at the scrap metal yard said mine is right about 10,300 too.

No, I wasn't scraping it! Just using it to clean junk out of the warehouse, hauled 2,800 lbs in one load.

Stock wheels and tires, less than a full tank of fuel.

Mike W

jatonka

My Original JATonka 4x4 weighs 10,400 w/winch, on 14.00r 20 tires on my 11" wide rims, with M105 body and subframe, hardtop and heater. And 7 layers of paint. JT out

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks