• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed with shortened original bed?

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wanted the largest portion of the remaining bed to have the strongest integrity. I also left me with the fewest modifications required for remounting the bed, etc.

KsM715

Thanks KsM715! That's what I was thinking of.
Did that leave you with a reasonably level bed?

Well its level within reason. Its got a slight rise to the rear. I never did get it in the shop and put a tape measure to it. Its hard to tell from the pics but the rise is not noticable.

Edit: also notice in the pics the bed is not sitting flat on the truck frame. I need to remove the mounting brackets on the bed, there is one on either side near the front that are sitting on top of the old deuce bed brackets on the frame, so it has about a 1" rise back to front. (probably take me 2 more months to get around to fixing that)

Attachments

Last edited:

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For me it was ease of installation and simple axle alignment. I also like the looks of the install and equipment consistency.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice job. Does the handle on the hood fit the mounting holes for the hood catch? If so, where did you get the handle?

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
1 more just finished with a deuce bed
HC, are those 365's on deuce rims with flipped hubs? Could you please take a photo that clearly demonstrates the rear tires are under the bed?

I wanna run that set up and I cannot have the tires protrude out from the bed. Where I live it's a big no-no.

Thanks,
Rick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks