• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed Wrecker concept

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would think a pipeline truck would be a good start, it already has the winch and rack in the back. But then again modifying an already rare truck might get you in trouble with the purists.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The versatility of a 480 or 500 over a 440 is exponential. I would only usea 440 if it were free. Not detracting from the 440 bu there are so many wonderful uses for a split boom offroad.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I still like your concept drawing in the first post, looks like it should as a military truck should, I would stay away from the home-made look like the 5t, still think a holmes 500 or so twin boom would would look like factory

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I would mod the bed like the diamond T 4t

I like designing this kind of stuff, just don't have the $$$$ to do the builds

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I had the same idea (great minds think alike).

I been kicking myself since I got rid of my bobber and my wrecker.

That would solve both my cravings.

There is a small Holms twin boom close to me for 750 bucks....but I ain't telling where.

sickmoparfreak

I'm in the mobile home buis, and our trucks have to be short. One of my contractors used a 9000 ford with 5 ton running gear, and a 750 holmes boom on a short bed. Its performance was amazing. I agree that longer is more powerful over-all, but you sure could get in more places with yours! I'm really liking the concept. :D