• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bobber axle mount question

mattyboy

I am using xm381 website to build bobber. I have my trailer springs mounted to truck as of today. My question is what plate, or mounting thing do i use to hold the ubolts to the springs. I understand i will have to use blocks. The problem is the duece plate with 4 holes in it is to big does not fit tight to 2.5 inch spring pack. The mount plate from trailer is welded to the axle tube and is half round. i am not sure what piece to use. Hope i made myself clear thannks. Site is awesome

also i have proofread my post and left one speliing error for doghead:D

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look at the front of your deuce. These is a small piece that saddles the differential housing. If you dont have these you will need to fabricate some. I refer to them as perches.

mattyboy

i dont think i have them unless they can be harvested from bogie/ trunion assembly. or from trailer.Can I buy some and or someone give me direction or specs. will look at front springs in morning. thanks

treeguy

See if you can find front deuce spring mounting parts to fit. That is how I did mine. My rear suspension is exactly the same as the front: U bolts, bottom plate with the shock mount, and the top plate that has the bump stop.

JasonS

The m105 trailer springs mount differently to the frame with the result that your truck will sit lower in back.

treeguy

Just a thought, you may need to incorporate an angle cut where the block meets the axle. Depending on how far to the rear the axle is mounted, the input flange angle should roughly match the transfer case flange angle. I don't think that the transfer case out put is parallel to the frame. Also the spring shackles will give you an angle causing the axle flange to angle upward. Just some food for thought. Nice design!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks