• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobber Springs for an A3 vs A2

Ma Duce

So as Mark and I were prepping for tommorow recovery, we were talking about the bobber projects we are going to undertake.

He said he had some springs off of a truck he was goign to part out and I could have them. I looked at them and then looked at the springs on the front of one of his A3s and noticed the A3 springs looked a bit beefyer.

So I counted and I counted 12 leafs inthe A3 and only 8 or 9 in his old parted out multifuel. We then went over and looked at the springs on one of his trailers and it had the same number as the A3 fronts, without counting the helper springs.

So the question comes down to, can you use earlier front springs on a A3 bobber or do you need to use A3 front springs if you are not going to use the trailer springs?

And does anyone have the specs on the A3 fronts, to have a set made? I would like to get a quote from the local spring shop just to see what they would cost.

91W350

Has anybody used 5 ton front springs on a deuce bobber? I have been thinking about bobbing one of mine and we have a load of 5 tons here. Glen

hemichallenger

So as Mark and I were prepping for tommorow recovery, we were talking about the bobber projects we are going to undertake.

He said he had some springs off of a truck he was goign to part out and I could have them. I looked at them and then looked at the springs on the front of one of his A3s and noticed the A3 springs looked a bit beefyer.

So I counted and I counted 12 leafs inthe A3 and only 8 or 9 in his old parted out multifuel. We then went over and looked at the springs on one of his trailers and it had the same number as the A3 fronts, without counting the helper springs.

So the question comes down to, can you use earlier front springs on a A3 bobber or do you need to use A3 front springs if you are not going to use the trailer springs?

And does anyone have the specs on the A3 fronts, to have a set made? I would like to get a quote from the local spring shop just to see what they would cost.

All the2s and 3s that I have are the same. All having 12 leaves.

BadMastard

I'm using a set off the m105 trailer. Hangars are from the front of a deuce though. Ride is good, and the rear end is WAY too light even for the 105 springs. The box from the 105 is so light compared to stock, I have to load up the back end with a tire, couple of hundred pounds of old parts and wood for decent traction.

Ma Duce

Next time I'm out there, I'll count again and take a pick, but I counted 9 and they looked shorter.

But does anyone have the info i could give to a spring shop to get a price quote?

My experience has been, 12 leafs on a W/oW truck and 14 leafs on a W/W truck. When I inquired about having a spring shop make me some leaf sprinfgs, they said they couldn't do double wrap ends like military springs are, only single. Not sure why. I just had the military springs re arched +2 1/2 inches. On my Bobber I run 14 leaf in the front and 12 leaf in the rear.

Last edited: