• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobber with air ride...finished???

Bcurtman

I'd like to say that I am finished with my deuce bob project, but we all know you are never really done. The paint is Pittsburgh semi-gloss exterior latex applied with an airless sprayer. Yeah, it has some sags and runs, but I am impatient and painted it when it was 102 degrees outside.

I bobbed it in the thread "getting closer to bob". I also installed a Reyco / kenworth air ride suspension. The seats in the back are air ride out of that truck. It also has a farm fuel diesel tank in the bed as well as a 8000 w generator. I installed a quick disconnect on the line under the glove box, and have 50' of air hose on board. So, I have fuel, ac power, and air on my toy which is used as a farm support truck and advertising for my insurance business as well.

It is riding on Goodyear 14.00-20 radials. Also put a receiver hitch on the rear...need to align the front and machine spacers for caster, looking at lockout hubs, probably recover seats, see, we are never really done....

Attachments

Bcurtman

By the way, the truck levels up as soon as I start it up. It is sitting butt down in the picture as the air is all bled off....

3dAngus

Put some magnetic signs on the doors and you will definitely get some advertising with staying power.

I cant say its my favorite color but I do admire your creative style and execution.

Anyway, my opinion on color machs nix. Your opinionis what matters.

Congrats on a fine build.