• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbing a deuce How to?

einstein

I have been reading several threads and searched for diffrent ways to bob a deuce what are all the ways to bob a deuce? How much of the frame do you cut off?

What is used for the bed?

Can you cut down the stock bed?

Is welding or riveting better?

Thanks

Matt

I am in the proccess of making a bolt on as well as a weld on air ride kit for bobbing a duece. It will include everything needed in a full kit. Please feel free to PM me for any more info.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
There is a wealth of info on this site for bobbing. The 3 above thread are a good start. I used the search function and found enough to read about for a day or more.

mikew

I've started a website, although not completely finished yet, that has a lot of the info you're looking for:

www.xm381.com

As I go along, I'll add more stuff to the site.

Since I'm still doing website testing.... You should see a "menu" at the top of the page with all the pages on the site. If you don't see that, your PC needs java installed. Once I get it all done, I'll have the website notify you of this (if you don't have java). I've not yet tested Internet Explorer 8, you might need "compatibility mode".

Mike W

Last edited:

atbhaack

What weight springs are you guys using for your trucks? I am wanting to run 3/4 or 1 ton leafs and have some air springs that are good for 5k of weight. I want to smooth the ride but not limit weight capacity.

That is exactly why we are making the air ride kit. The truck seems to ride very stiff with heavy springs in it. If we soften them you sacrafice weight carrying. So with the air ride it will solve both problems. It will have auto ride sensors to automatically adjust the air depending on the wieght on the suspension. We are still in the R and D phase and should have it completed by the end of the month. At that time we will have some more complete info on it and pricing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks