• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbing a deuce

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
I'm still out in front ...

The diff is installed ... shes settin' on her new springs ... the u-bolts got tightened down yesterday ...

This AM I cut off the end of the chassis ... and am bolting the tailboard (?) back on as soon as I get a bite of lunch.

As they say ...

"IT WON'T BE LONG NOW"

rofl

oddshot
Where is your thread?

sn8ke8

i dont know about a thread, im just posting what i can when i can, i have enuf trouble getting pics uploaded, which this site was iphone friendly, then i could post pics as i go

WeBeJeepin

Just a hint, you need to go ahead and remove the bed-to-frame mounts on either the M105 bed or the deuce frame. Don't wait till you get the bed about 1" from setting down on the frame to realize that most of them hit each other like I did.

Attachments

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where is your thread?
Yeah it kind of sucks when people try to hijak someone else's thread instead of starting their own

Fom the conduct section of the forum rulles ;

Keep your posts on-topic. Do not hi-jack peoples threads for your own gain. Start your own thread instead.

Last edited:

oddshot

Yeah it kind of sucks when people try to hijak someone else's thread instead of starting their own
Just comparing notes with another bobber. I didn't even post a picture.

Happens all the time here ... what's the big deal?

I checked the rules ...nothing there.

Common courtesy? ...

Like I said ... it happens all the time here ... what's the big deal?

Just because its me?

oddshot

Last edited:

sn8ke8

Got the springs, driveshaft, and u bolts, now if the weather would cooperate, also the brake line, thanx to ranchhopper

sn8ke8

anyone know the exact placementof the deuce front springs for a m105 bed and 5" lengthened driveshaft, i dont have my bed at my shop for measurement, also what way do u place the springs, the extended mount go toward the front of the truck or the rear?

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
Just comparing notes with another bobber. I didn't even post a picture.

Happens all the time here ... what's the big deal?

I checked the rules ...nothing there.

Common courtesy? ...

Like I said ... it happens all the time here ... what's the big deal?

Just because its me?

oddshot
Even though I did think it was a little out of place for you to keep saying you were ahead in your build, kinda raining on the OP's parade, I wanted to see pics of your build.

Seth_O

Nice job! I love the tires, and you did well getting your bed centered. I am jealous of your shop space, and impressed you were willing to do this in the snow. I did mine in the summer heat, but it was pretty shaded, so not bad working conditions.

Where did you get your jackstands? Those would be a great to have as they have a good height on them.

Attachments

sn8ke8

i borrowed the stands and the shop from a local towing company, Mikes Wrecker, also buddies pitched in a bunch, surely grateful

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got the sneak peak photo's saturday Sn8ke8 was too busy playin with it this weekend to post'em . That fork truck sure is handy. :driver: :grd:

Last edited:

sn8ke8

yes, ive probably put a 100 miles on it, and ive still to plate it, pressing my luck but i couldnt resist, ive passed four police cars all have just waved, knock on wood, also i ran it to the scrap yard and it weighed 10,300 lbs, also have a left over drive shaft for a bobbed deuce if anyone needs one, its 5 inches longer than stock, i made mine 9 inches for future mods