• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bobbing a m923?

chess

excuse me if its the wrong section but i just saw the xtreme4x4 show a bit a go and they were doing a bobbed 2 1/2 ton and i been looking for a 900 series 5 ton that has been done. and my dad and i run water trucks (when work is good) and i have a few. but i have a spare that i wanted to turn into a water truck but i dont need it and i been trying to sell it so i started to toss the idea around to bob it. anyone have links or anything to bobbing these trucks? thanks in advance.

Ruppster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, this is just my 2 cents on the subject but I would hate to see a 900 series cut up in to a 4x4 as they are not as common as a deuce and a half. If it was me I would sell off the extra M923 to someone that wants one and use the money to buy an M35 if you want to bob a 6x6. But that's just me. It's your truck so feel free to do what you want. :D

Of all the 6x6's I love the looks of the M900 series trucks the most. The tilting hood makes it a lot easier to do work on the engine, especially for us lard arse fat types that have a hard time climbing up on the bumper to check the fluids on the engine. I have thought about getting one and making a 4x4 out of it. But instead of cutting up a good truck I was thinking of using cab parts from wrecked M900 trucks to use on a deuce and a half frame. Then I would have room to put in what ever engine I wanted.

Ruppster

whyme

prob look nice in my opinion. kinda like a bad ass f650 or cxt. the standered deuce or 105 beds would work but that truck might even look ok with a pickup bed, never been a fan of that setup on the m35 tho.

Ruppster is right tho, plenty of people around here will not favor the idea, but ****, its your truck.

chess

Hi Chess, welcome to Steel Soldiers! Your collection sounds intriguing, can you post some pics of each?
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/member...-showing-my-trucks-m923s-mtvr.html#post626328 there here!! thanks 4 the welcoming

holy **** just noticed the OSHKOSH MTVR MK23... wow:lol:
yea envy me lol.

If you already have the truck, and no longer need it.

Go for it, I'd do it.
exsactly how i feel i have to many water trucks waiting for work.

I am in the middle of bobbing a M945. the cans on the wedge type brakes hit the springs but i think i got it figured out. going to try to get up some pics soon.
nice let us know how it turns out!

chess

and who sells the 4 link brackets for the axles?? or is it better to use the front leaf springs in the rear? i am really digging the idea!

tm america

Not sure why you would want or need to bob the m923. Not like it is under powered and you are obiously use to driving big trucks. imo the rear suspension is what makes these trucks so capable offroad. There was a bobber at haspin this year he was getting stuck with 11.00s where every stock deuce went without any problem.i wouldnt want to have the least capable m923 no matter how many of them i had.....sorry for being so mean just i threw up in my mouth a little when i read what you want to do:?

ARYankee

Wow. I just looked at it in your other thread. I hate to sound like a traditionalist but I wouldn't bob it. But do what you want with it. I'm sure it would be a really cool looking bob job.

chess

well i figure i have more trucks than what i need. i have tons of spare parts and i cant sell it for close what i got it for. im going to do more research if i keep liking the idea ill do it. and the 11 sized tires are duals no? if i go this route ill go with some 16 xzls.

btw if i bob it how can i register it would i need a commerical license?

Last edited:

eldgenb

don't listen to the purists, they were not paying attention when they clicked on the "5ton modding and hot rodding" link to tell you what to do with your stuff. I think its a great idea and if I had one I would bob it too, I think I would but the bed down to 12 ft instead of 9 and ditch the rear tandem, after bobbing many deuces and 5 tons I can honestly say they are soo much nicer to drive and unless you are going to flog the snot out of it off road who care how capable or incapable it is off the highway.

You have a beautiful collection, I too think the freightliner is a great conversion.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks