• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bobbing a m923a2

hmfic

Ok so i have been thinking about getting a bobbing kit from Eastern Surplus for the 5 Ton. Im guessing its just a set of front springs with hangers and new u bolts. My question is has any one ever used this set up, and what do you guys think of it.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok so i have been thinking about getting a bobbing kit from Eastern Surplus for the 5 Ton. Im guessing its just a set of front springs with hangers and new u bolts. My question is has any one ever used this set up, and what do you guys think of it.

I heard they do a good job with their kits. They also have a bolt kit that supplies most of the bolts needed. Just ask them about it.
As for myself I have spring sets and a great spring shop where I get Ubolts made. I spend a lot of time rounding up Grade 8 or better US bolts for all my personal jobs.

Attachments

chess

i was wanting to do the same to mine i was going to use 16r20 xzls the bed on mine is 14 i was going to cut it down 2 feet and move the axle back 16 inches. but instead and going to turn it into a water truck. ill do it to one later on. but if you do yours many many kudos... and the bobber kit is expensive if you could find a place that buys trucks and scraps them you can save more than half.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wait wait wait,
A major surplus supplier, is now offering Bob kits!?!?!!? amazing...

On another note, haven't seen too many bobbed 900 series.