• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bobbing my m813a1

Bill in pa

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im new here and just bought a 71 m813a1. wanting to bob it. I have all the skills to do the job was wanting to know the specifics. What springs do I use in the rear. Do I just remove the back axle and leave the middle where it is? Shorten up the frame. Im wanting it to be shorter. Any photo albums with photos of a bobbing? Thanks in advance for any help. Bill

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
:tigger:

You need a set of front springs since you can't use the original suspension for a bob job. Most bobbers have a shorter wheel base than the original truck. There are many threads on bobbing trucks if you do a search or maybe someone will post a link.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks