• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbing my new 925 for work

twrecks

5 ton newb here and thought I would start a build thread for the custom 925 I am building for work. This is new territory for me working with something this large and I have a few questions. I have read much about retaining the ABS when you bob a 5 ton, consensus is that the 939 trucks only have ABS sensors on one rear axle, which one? the forward most or the rear? I know I will need to rotate the air cans to clear the springs and also that when you dump the air the brakes lock. I also know there IS a way to "cage" the brakes to allow the tire to turn but I don't know the process, can anyone explain please. I would like to do this so I can pull the whole rear trundle out in one piece. I'm starting this Saturday and will post pics as I go but need to get a few of the basic things out of the way first. I'm a fabricator, not a mechanic so if my questions seem stupid well they may seem stupid. If I have missed this information elsewhere my apologies.

twrecks

Here are a couple of pics of what I am starting with. Got this truck from John Apple at Apple Excavating. Good to deal with and has continued to answer all of my questions.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks