• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbing needs to begin

bmx590

I have got a m105 trailor to start my bobber. But I'm just one guy with nothing to work with. No Welder, no lift, and no shop. Was wondering if anyone around the Athens ga or Georgia area would like a job to do it? maybe a shop and tools I could rent. I have a good mechanical mind. I'm a 91B in the army reserve for eight years. Have been welding for a while. The reserve unit will not let me use the shop ha-ha uploadfromtaptalk1450741990201.jpguploadfromtaptalk1450742024603.jpg

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And scar59 I have 2000 in the truck so why not
-loss of traction, load capability.......I'm old school, you go for it. Build it right, no short cuts, get someone to double check the work, take pictures.
Have fun
JC

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trying to find someone who will do it right
That might be the problem, the builder takes on an awful lot of liability, the design/capabilities are changed. If it comes apart on the highway, well there will be a lot of questions. Keep us posted

Jeepsinker

Thing is, you got a nice truck for what you paid. Why chop it up and make it worth less? You could probably put it up for sale and double your money or more right now.
I've driven my truck daily for three years now, and haven't had any reason or urge to Bob mine...

bmx590

It's just one of those things I have always wanted ever since I was a kid. I new to the addiction of the military vehicle and I'm on the hunt for a restore project to build back.

icecreamman

Food for thought----a local guy way-overpaid for a bobber a couple of years ago. He's a wanna be "off the grid person." He basically lives in a Lowes cabin-storage unit in the woods in the city. He started to under-take cutting logs to be cut into lumber for a real cabin last year. Bobbers don't like any kind of a load.

I recently saw a deuce with green red-oak firewood stacked(not piled) over cab high and it didn't even squat.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm of the opinion that one can do as they please, provided it doesn't harm another.

I've had two bobbers over the years. I no longer have them, but they were enjoyable to me.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm of the opinion that one can do as they please, provided it doesn't harm another.

I've had two bobbers over the years. I no longer have them, but they were enjoyable to me.
Drew I agree with you, its their truck, do as they will. I sure like to modify mine.....however he also said he was new to the addiction. Might be a good time to step back, enjoy the truck for awhile and really evaluate his desires. If it still makes sense, then there you go. I'm personally not a fan (Although I love Will Freeman's!) and wouldn't dream of cutting mine. But I looked specifically for an early AF truck, and in the condition that warrants an eventual restore.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks