• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bobbing our m109

badga the badger

we just started the epic journey from m109 to bobbed deuce yesterday. since we've been trying to get rid of the 109 box for months and have had no luck and have no place to keep it, tomorrow its going to the scrap yard. so yesterday, we started stripping the poor box of aluminum and are ripping out the floor today. the big obstical with tearing a 109 apart is the windows. after totally destroying 1 frame and cracking the glass with hammers, crowbars, and drills, we perfected a method: tie a rope to the bottom end of the window frame, push the bar that holds the window up ou, throw rope over the box, and pull. tore 5 of them out easily.
we have the front springs to go on the back. we plan to get 1 or 2 m105s at local auction next week end. and plan to have it done by the end of the month. more will be posted when mopre happens

Last edited:

GPappy

I tried to find a buyer for my 185 box with no luck either. I have decided to drop it off out behind the barn and use it for operting the fuel ethanol still I am building and for the WMO centrifuge. Keeps the potentially dangerous and messy operations out of my garage and barn.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are always folks shopping for parts be it windows, hinge stuff, blackout panels and the like. There is also a 110 to 24V inverter in the back that could have a use somewhere. I have a shopvan body that I use for storage and I've sold lots of parts off of it.

wildbilly1760

Recovery, Quote "There is also a 110 to 24V inverter in the back that could have a use somewhere"

Could this be used in some way to slave a deuce to start, or to charge dead batteries with household 110 electric? More details on this inverter if you have any more knowledge. Thanks

oilburner

I will buy top door hold backs if they are not bent up. the thin steel tracks on top the doors hooked to the body hat keep the door from slamming shut.

tm america

I've been looking to buy or trade for a m109-m185 box for awhile with no luck on finding one at a decent price.. i would even be willing to remove it or do the swap....Man i hate to see em getting scrapped out

GPappy

I've been looking to buy or trade for a m109-m185 box for awhile with no luck on finding one at a decent price.. i would even be willing to remove it or do the swap....Man i hate to see em getting scrapped out
THe problem seems to be proximity. I had some interest but don't have a way to remove it other than to drop it on the ground and it isn't currently licensed to drive it someplace to have it removed.

Mine has been damaged on both rear corners so I decided it would be worth more as a ground shelter than to try and work out a trade or to sell it. I was originally looking to sell or trade for a dropside bed to use on my bobber but have since purchased a M105 trailer to use.

tm america

THe problem seems to be proximity. I had some interest but don't have a way to remove it other than to drop it on the ground and it isn't currently licensed to drive it someplace to have it removed.

Mine has been damaged on both rear corners so I decided it would be worth more as a ground shelter than to try and work out a trade or to sell it. I was originally looking to sell or trade for a dropside bed to use on my bobber but have since purchased a M105 trailer to use.[/QUOTE
Thats to bad cuz a dropside bed is what i have to trade for a m109 box and mi is within my range to get one...:roll:for what i'm gonna use it for i wouldnt even be concerned about dented corners...

GPappy

Mine has been damaged on both rear corners so I decided it would be worth more as a ground shelter than to try and work out a trade or to sell it. I was originally looking to sell or trade for a dropside bed to use on my bobber but have since purchased a M105 trailer to use.[/QUOTE
Thats to bad cuz a dropside bed is what i have to trade for a m109 box and mi is within my range to get one...:roll:for what i'm gonna use it for i wouldnt even be concerned about dented corners...
Actually we PM'd each other and I sent you some pictures back in October of last year. Never heard back so assumed the damage was too much. Too bad, I have purchased the M105 and didn't get the paper work to title it since I was going to use the box and the springs. If it were not for that I would still be interested in a trade.

Keep looking, I am sure that someone will be interested in swapping their old van body for a drop side!

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was thinking about bobbing our M109 also. it has an LDS and is a real runner. I am still undecided on what to do, but it would be blast without all that weight and having all that power!!:twisted: i wonder what the fuel milage would be with 11.00-20's (ofcourse bobbed and the LDS)? hummm... it would make it more practical i think.

badga the badger

Good luck on your epic journey. Are you going to do any modifications beside the bobbing?
well my dad wants to make a m37/deuce tribute vietnam guntruck out of it. that should be interesting.

to those who want parts, it went to the smelter tuesday. hate to see it go too, but we already spent months trying to find a good home for it. we saved alot of aluminum stuff and the windows.