• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobed, Bobbed M35 How to specs

joesco

I am finishing up my 5th military vehicle (M715) www.neatstuff2sell.com project and now want to move up to an M35 Shorty. Are there any how-to, step-by-step specs/instructions posted here or elsewhere?

Living up here in NH, there is only one guy in CT. that does these mods, so I might just tackle it myself with a clean M35 donor. The folks at Idaho Motor Pool seem to do a real nice mod, but shipping would be a killer.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Joe S.
www.neatstuff2sell.com

joesco

Pappa-G said:
I would also be interested in doing that and am looking into a 4 door stretched cab. The question for me is M35 or M818.
The conversion shop in CT does a club-cab version with the 5 ton.

jatonka

I build a very finished version of the shortened M35A2 deuce. It is an XM35A4 4x4 2 ton truck. Road Legal and straight driving. You can PM me with questions or comments. John Tennis

joesco

Will,
Don't know the name of his shop, but here is his contact info...
Alex
Alex Seretny <alexseretny>
26 Parker Road
Hampton, CT 06247 (860) 428-3864

appnut1

I have been bugging anybody I can find and going back over old posts on the site for the best way to "bob" a duece. I am just going to ask now, Is it beter to cut the frame and patch it back together like Devilman or strip off the old rear bogie syetem and then mount the spring brackets on existing frame like Vinnie. I do not have access to a full blown shop and need to complete the chassis in a weekend. If any of you guys can advise please do.

russ81

Hi all ! This is my first post, but I have been reading for quite a while now. I just purchased my first MV. Got a `59 REO Duce that I'm going to bob. Already have my tires. Got 16 x 20's off e-bay. A guy I work with's buddy just wrecked his F-650 dump truck, so I'm buying it for a doner. It has a CTD in it with a 6 speed trany. I'm going to use the rear springs and hangers for my bob job along with the heater and A/C unit, and most importantly.......the power steering! Should be a sweet ride when I'm done. I will post pictures as the project progresses.

Attachments

55Cameo

My 2 cents, cut the frame in front of the rear pintle side braces and put back together with bracing. I don't know how much to cut out if you are using a m105 bed, but if you use a Deuce bed and take out 1 section of bed it is exactly 3 ft. Use a set of front Deuce springs and drill and mount to existing frame in rear. Adjust rear axle depending what size tires you are running and have driveshaft modified to fit.(or leave axle where driveshaft doesn't need modification if tires will clear) I moved the rear axle back 10" and cut out 3' of bed. Personally I think that it looks like it should, if you leave the axle where it is I think the wheel base looks too short and departure angle is effected. Again, just my 2 cents not the bible by any means.

russ81

55Cameo
I'm using your truck as my Model !

Love the work you've done to it. I think you have the proportions about right with the rear axle. Thanks for all the pic's, and information. It is helping me work out the bugs on exactly what it is I want from my truck.

robert c neth

Banned
if your going with a 130" wheel base you can cut out the boggies and move the rear crossmember forward .add whatever springs and spring hangers you choose .trailer stuff works well. i prefer front springs and hangers from a donor truck..you can move it with front wheel drive until you finish.lots of folks do this and they all have their ideas and for the most part they seem to work .good luck

downeast

Mine's a little different. I relocated the fuel tank and batteries to a locking contractors tool box in the bed. The square look of the tool box fits with the look (at least I think it does). It allows me to secure the fuel and batts as well as gives me a place for tools, retractable air line, etc. The 72" box fits perfectly in the 105 trailer bed that I used for the truck bed.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks