• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Body work / Rust Issues

w5ood

I was wondering if anyone knows a good body man in the Houston Tx area. I have some major rust on the top of the cab on my CUCV and its starting to go to the second layer inside the cab. I am not a body person so I need to find someone that works on older cars and might be able to do something to repair the rust. Its a sizable area so I am guessing it needs to have the top skin of metal replaced. Any tips on a person that might be able to do the work and is reasonable is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

J

richingalveston

what part of town are you in. I have a friend in tomball a with body shop. he sprayed my 1009 for me. I did all the prep. I just wanted it done in a booth. I could not keep it clean enough to paint at my place.

not the cheapest but does good work. has done some very nice restorations.
I am going to have him do part of my 66.5 bronco restore. I hope to start it next year.

good luck. body shop guys are everywhere but good ones cost money

reaper556

what part of town are you in. I have a friend in tomball a with body shop. he sprayed my 1009 for me. I did all the prep. I just wanted it done in a booth. I could not keep it clean enough to paint at my place.

not the cheapest but does good work. has done some very nice restorations.
I am going to have him do part of my 66.5 bronco restore. I hope to start it next year.

good luck. body shop guys are everywhere but good ones cost money
I would be interested in his info, I live in Spring next door to Tomball and will have a need for some body work in future

richingalveston

I talked to him yesterday and he has changed in the past year. He joined a national auto body franchise company and now he only does new car part replacements and paint. does not do old cars anymore, not enough money in it. He knows some places that do but he has not sent me the info yet.

I will stop by his place in a couple of weeks to talk to him about my ford bronco restore. If he does not send me the info, I will get it then. Sorry. I will update more if I get it but probably nothing new until I see him.

Rich

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks