• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BOH FPU delivered

Scottgeneral

Trailer was delivered by Uship vendor. Unloading went smooth. Tried backing the trailer out of my drive , it was impossible. I finally pulled through to get out of the yard.

The trailer is a beast. I will post pictures when I get my office connex placed on the trailer.

Attachments

tractors0130

You would have an easier time hearding cats than backing that trailer up.
Might be able to find a farmer that could back it up, similiar to a hay wagon.
Cage the brakes and steer it with a skidsteer or never pull in where you can't pull out.

Scottgeneral

Thank goodness we have an excavator and skid steer. I need to get in a large lot just so I can find out what I can actually accomplish while maneuvering.
1150 pooler ga to destin fl.

Artisan

A friend of mine has one of those. It is a BEAST putting it mildly.
I want to move it so I made A DEVICE similar to THIS and w/ a pintle.
Should be able to do it fairly easily w/ this set up.

Click HERE for the manual and poop.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Might be able to find a farmer that could back it up, similar to a hay wagon.
Cage the brakes and steer it with a skidsteer or never pull in where you can't pull out.

I have a farm and hay wagons ....... and I would still prefer to stick a NATO hitch (pintle hook) on the front bumper and 'nose' it into place!

That right there will take a lot of patience and a very long fuse.

NB, Doing it with a farm tractor that has quick and tight steering as well as sitting over the tow hook is much easier than with a truck.
The next step is backing a hay wagon that is hooked to a baler, that is hooked to a tractor. Which is yet one more factor of difficulty! I'm up to about 40' before it all goes pear shaped. Fortunately that is just enough to get me turned around at the end of my pointy field.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
That trailer "should" have a pin to lock the trailer steering so it can be backed up.

quickfarms

Yep, just like backing up a dump transfer.

The long tongue makes that easy.

This trailer is real easy with the built in turntable lock.

I did see a trailer that has an air activated turntable lock.

I keep a couple of extra chains and binders in case I am just having a real bad day.

A forklift, or loader, does make it real easy, just pick up the front of the trailer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks