• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BOLO missing truck

armytruck63

Maybe this minor (so far) brush with the law will get young Mr. Gaines to straighten up and fly right. fat lady sings

I hope you get your truck and/or money back.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good luck on recovering the MV or the funds.

CAUTION:
Tread VERY CAREFULLY on how you portray a person or a person's character in open forum. SLANDER and/or DEFAMATION OF CHARACTER settlements are ALWAYS more than this MV will ever be worth.2cents
I agree with CHAPPY, We live in a litigious world. Everyone is out to sue everyone, If by chance he does have a good explanation and does read this thread pissed off or not his case would not get kicked out for being frivolous in nature, some attorney's would take the case for defamation etc..

You said he has a good job, follow the money. Well I say call his work or make the trip and stop out yourself to his work. I know this sux but the way our economy is the last few years I would give him some time to get back to you.

Don

JSF01

Don't you think your original question/concern has been taken care of, He has not been ducking you, and JAIL is the best excuse ever. Why add to his legal problems by another warrant, Christ man talk to him first. I am sure you were young once about a time. I feel sorry for the guy, I can not believe they put people in jail for such bullsh/it.
I am not given an opinion on what actions the OP should take but would just like to point out that according to the one website he was arrested in November 30th this thread was started the November 21st and from the sounds of it the guy had already been ducking out of his payments for at least a few weeks prior to that. So him being put in jail does not change the fact that for a few weeks prior to being put in jail he was already avoiding paying for the truck.
Also while the not having proof of insurance may not be a big deal. The driving with a suspended/revoked license is.

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't you think your original question/concern has been taken care of, He has not been ducking you, and JAIL is the best excuse ever. Why add to his legal problems by another warrant, Christ man talk to him first. I am sure you were young once about a time. I feel sorry for the guy, I can not believe they put people in jail for such bullsh/it.
Bad checks and no contact equals ducking him in my book .

onegmjack

Hate it it for him,if he had fell on hard times,should have manned up.Should have contact the friend that thought enought of him to sell on time or payment.Instead of running and hiding.I agree some what with you Don,but if he can afford to sue he can afford to keep up the deal on the truck.Dwight

KsM715

I feel sorry for the guy, I can not believe they put people in jail for such bullsh/it.

If they do not dole out the punishment, then what is the deterent from keeping anyone else from paying for ins. or getting a DL.

Follow the law or get punished.

Fall on hard times? BS, if he really did have a run of bad luck and couldn't keep up with the payments the first thing he should have done was contact the OP and explain the situation and start looking for that second or third job to keep some income rolling in. These days I think some people just "give-up" to easily and just say F-it, and stop paying their bills. I work in the constuction business and I know for a fact that any big contractor will hire anyone off the street with no experience at all as a laborer just to pick up trash and keep the job site clean.

onegmjack

If he sued you for the charter bit you could sue for breach of contract.But if you are like me I take a man word over a contract to start with,I don't write a contract,I don't sell much. Have not been screwed to bad over all,to much like be a mechnic you got to read people, you have some with a problem you can't convince of and other that want what and broke fixed.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, Ok, OK OK, I am man enough to admit it when I trip on my dic/ I missed the dates, I guess the guy did not return a few calls, Maybe was ducking, I get it. Now he is in Jail, All he needs is $2000.00 or 10% to get out and he is still in jail. So apparently he has no money and or no friends, So why make matters worse for the guy. Send him a letter to the jail and tell him your intentions on repo or, Bring your ownership paperwork and Bail out the TRUCK and keep it.

Yea, Bail out the truck, keep the truck and leave the legal stuff alone. That will cost the guy more money and the truck will never get paid off. Nice truck by the way. If you do repo it what would you ask for it....? I have been looking for a GOOD Blazer for a year now.lol
Not sure how it is in georgia , but typically only the registered owner can get it out of impound ( no title lein on it ) and if impounded for no insurance , proof of valid insurance and regisration must be provided . Going through court will get a judment and most likely restituion . Not everybody can afford to just write it off and look the other way.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello porkysplace fellow Michigander, How did the greet and eat go..?

I hear you 100%and I agree with you. I feel the lender/poster of this thread could go to court and have the judge reassign the truck to him. I would think it would be a simple matter for the Court Clerks to schedule since they know where the defendant is located.

onegmjack

Don I'm not busting you.If he was a man and had trouble??the seller could not find him???He should have came to his friend who trusted him to sell him the truck and worked out a deal or something???Don I think I could trust you,I meet you at the GA Rally.:-D

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Dwight,

I agree with you to. I guess I am to forgiving and tend to give people the benefit of the dought. I guess a man is as good as his word. Peace out..

onegmjack

Yes bad decisions.I have made my share.Look where his has lead him.I don't want to crusifie anyone.I think if he had got in touch with his friend the seller,maybe and I say maybe something could have been worked out.I believe in a forgiving sprit and heart. But you have to be responceable when you do anything in live.Lets pray this will all work out for the best for all involed.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes bad decisions.I have made my share.Look where his has lead him.I don't want to crusifie anyone.I think if he had got in touch with his friend the seller,maybe and I say maybe something could have been worked out.I believe in a forgiving sprit and heart. But you have to be responceable when you do anything in live.Lets pray this will all work out for the best for all involed.
An EXCELLENT suggestion.

biggestc69

Glad you've found him! Hopefully you get your truck back in decent shape! Nothing worse than being ducked by somebody that isnt enough of a man to meet you face to face. Good luck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks