• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bolt on wheel spacers for the deuce. Where to get them?

M37M35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe get a pair of M34 (M135) wheels, they have the rim set out a bit, and were designed to run as singles all around.

Might just give you enough room.

Dennis
Do you know by how much? I think I remember it only being 1" difference, but I'll have to check on that. I need at least 2", probably 2 1/2".
Motorsport Tech BORA adapters. This guy will make steel adapters but he quoted me 5-6 weeks to make them.

Thanks! I'll check them out.

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Motorsport Tech BORA adapters. This guy will make steel adapters but he quoted me 5-6 weeks to make them.

Did he quote cost?

M37M35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe get a pair of M34 (M135) wheels, they have the rim set out a bit, and were designed to run as singles all around.

Might just give you enough room.

Dennis
Do you know by how much? I think I remember it only being 1" difference, but I'll have to check on that. I need at least 2", probably 2 1/2".
Yep.
1" less backspacing.

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the same issue with my Waterloo System, limited RH turn. I already have singles and no desire to change wheels or add spacers. As you turn right the pitman moves aft and you get tire rub. What about re-clocking the pitman and getting a longer drag link? You would have to confirm pitman clearance during LH turns but may be a happy medium there.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What about re-clocking the pitman and getting a longer drag link?
.... or modify the mounting angle of the steering box: instead of parallel to the frame, re-orient it a few degrees (outward at front), so that the pitman arm end moves closer to the chassis, when turning right . That's what I would try first.

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
.... or modify the mounting angle of the steering box: instead of parallel to the frame, re-orient it a few degrees (outward at front), so that the pitman arm end moves closer to the chassis, when turning right . That's what I would try first.
Good Idea!
Thanks very much.

See..this is why I ask the experts!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks