• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bolt size and thread pitch needed

krly79

I have an m998 hmmwv 4l80e transfer case adapter and I need to know the bolt size and thread pitch. I have been unable to determine what it is. The closest I have came is m12 x 1.75, but I only get a couple of threads in it. 1.5 will not fit and neither will a 7/16 bolt. Does anyone know off hand?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please include your state in your location, as we request in the site rules.

Please try to post in the most appropriate forum also.

moved...

NormB

Pretty sure they're 3/8-16 at the transmission end, I just replaced these. Not sure about the stud end into the TC itself.

Start with parts manual - book 1, 24P-1 - find part number, check over at Kascar or HPG one of them gives the actual thread pitch/size for the nuts.

krly79

Pretty sure they're 3/8-16 at the transmission end, I just replaced these. Not sure about the stud end into the TC itself.

Start with parts manual - book 1, 24P-1 - find part number, check over at Kascar or HPG one of them gives the actual thread pitch/size for the nuts.
Sorry, I was refering to the mount bolts. According to the parts list, they are 1/2 x 13, which is why the 12mm partially fit. Im not use to having a parts list for things.

krly79

Why don't you look in the parts manual? Use the NSN to find out. List the bolt and NSN. Look up the NSN in your browser.
I found it. Thank you for pointing me to a parts list. Im not use to having one. I also have no idea what an NSN is.

NormB

Number, Stock, National.

:whistle:

Actually National Stock Number: NSN.

Good site for parts you might consider is NSN-now.com. It gives you a list of who has the part listed, but you have to look up their site on your own.

Good luck, welcome to the madness.

Norm