• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Book on Deuce?

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What about a book on the Deuce... I'm thinking not so much a tech or history manuel, but combination of both. Or even two books, one a rewritten TM, to make it easier to understand, picks up where the TM's leave off, and have all the information in one book. The other could deal with the history, and differences between models, and photos.

There is a LOT of information here on SS, for the deuce in paticular. Like adding a winch to a truck, hub flipping, brakes, and many other topics. Is the info here in the forum copyrighted? Or can someone complile it and use it?

So anyone want to take on such a project? Would you even be able to publish or sell such a book? Other ideas for information to put in the book?

Dennis

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does that book cover all the variants? M109, m48, m108, and a dozen others. Any modifications or repairs covered?

What is in the jeep bible book? Would that format work?

biodeucel

That book is just a modeler's guide- no modifications or repairs are covered. Just pictures of a truck owned by some guy in chekoslovakia taken from every possible angle to assist someone trying to make a model of the truck. There are some illustrations of guntrucks in the back. It is not the kind of book you are talking about.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have David's book on military vehicles. Did he write one specific to the M35/M44 chassis?

Just went and refreshed my memory on Doyle's book. Forgot just how much information is there. Would love to see larger/multiple/color photo's of the various trucks.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
David Doyle is working on one. I think the last I heard he said it may be out as soon as the first of the year.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Do not buy this book. It is of little value. If your desire is to build models and to paint them realistically, then this is a good buy. If you want to use as a reference for your duece, then stay away and use all of the info provided on this site. Not woth $35. I know, I own a copy!!!

saddamsnightmare

September 17th, 2008.

:ditto: on the modeller's book above, typically European, overpriced and fairly useless beyond a couple of photos. David Doyle's Standard Catalog of Military Vehicles? David, it is rumored was seen coming down from Mount Sianai
with his face aglow and the book in hand...... The next one on the G742 series deuces is much awaited, and there was some word he may yet do an even more definitive history of the 2-1/2 Ton trucks (M35 series) that will be a Magnum Opus. In either case I want one signed by his eminence himself..... How that gentleman manages a family, a job, this hobby, a deuce or two, research for all the books and articles, I don't know, it is a superhuman effort.... BUT he is a sterling gentleman and an thourough scholar. [thumbzup]

Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan

martin

Hi
In fact my old M35 converted to M109 is pictured and spotted as a conversion by the author. Taken at Beltring a few years ago.

M