• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Boost gauge fluctuation 923A2

FullSpecial

I’m on my second gauge now, first one was an Autometer current one is a Hewitt Industries.
Both vibrate above 5 pounds of boost and it get worse the higher it goes. So at 30 pounds of
boost it’s bad. I’m using the pugged port identical to the starting aid port in the middle but at
the rear closest to the firewall. I have never seen boostgauges do this before and have a hard
time believing it’s the engine as it runslike a top. Anybody have any ideas?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you using rubber hose?

74M35A2

May need a snubber. Several ways of doing this. One is to use a liquid filled gauge. Another is to put a restriction in the line at the back of the gauge, like a small orifice.

Lukes_deuce

I had the same problems with boost gauge on an older dodge cummins. Had to put a snubber on it. Just goggle it and find one that fits your thread pattern. Its reducer fitting to control the boost fluctuations. Or you could move the sensor to another place. Maybe on the intake manifold?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks