• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Boss Plow on M1008

mattm257

Looking for info on mounting a boss frame on the m1008.
Boss part for frame for these year chevys is LTA03660. I looked under the truck and does not look like a straight bolt up. Anyone have a boss on their cucv and tackled these issues yet? Thanks for any info and help. Matt

Sasquatch

Have an old Boss RT1, that had a custom, and not very pretty, mount welded up, required removal of front shackles and bumper. Newer plow mounts are completely different and I've seen some nice mounts in the other snow plow threads. If you aren't set on a Boss I think some one found a mounting kit that worked well for another brand, a search should bring it up.

dstang97

I was looking into getting one for my truck. I think there might be a problem with our frames they are a little different than civi ones? But would be a easy fix to get it to work. BTW I love boss plows.

Westech

CPL
The frames are the SAME! The bumper mounts are what is different. (lifting shackles ya know)
Why do you guys keep thinking that a CUCV is all military? I don't get it.

dstang97

The frames are the SAME! The bumper mounts are what is different. (lifting shackles ya know)
Why do you guys keep thinking that a CUCV is all military? I don't get it.
The reason I said that was because of the way boss mounts are. They mount inthe inside of the frame where there is extra support the the civi"s do not have. So you would prob have toremove that plate for the bracket to sit flush. Hense why I said little different.

mattm257

I have the boss undercarriage and it does not bolt up like to the civy trucks. I am going to put it on the lift early next week and will get it mounted but it is going to need mods. I will try and remember to get pictures.

mattm257

LTA03660 thats the one I have, even called boss they said "your on your own" they had heard of them being used on our trucks but had no idea what I had to do. I will know more this week when i put it in the air.

toocool

if you have a RT3 boss mount it will mount up you will have to take shackels and mounts off to fit boss mounts inside frame rail i just put boss vplow on my m1008 also you will have to put knew springs on . with my vplow on my springs would bottom out on frame stop

mattm257

toocool what size v plow? and what did you put on for new springs and where did you get them?

thanks
Matt

mattm257

toocool thanks for the info any other tips on the wiring or install? I am going Boss v as well. pm me your address and I will send you some good ol vt maple syrup for the help and quick response.

Sasquatch

M1008's have plenty of power to push snow, I love mine. With a V Plow and the low gearing I can push snow uphill if I need to. I have a very steep, long driveway with 2 switchbacks and am very happy. M1009's are nice too with a nice short turning radius but with some weight in the bed and low gearing the M1008 can push more.

If you are planning to plow commercially and just do driveways, straight plows backdrag better than the V's, but V's are more versatile and can move larger amounts of snow from areas like parking lots, or big driveways.

mattm257

I got the plow mounted with no issues. Mounting: the mount fit fine just had to remove the D rings and the frame extensions that they mount them on. Did not need to remove brush guard.
Wiring: no issues when I got the box I thought oh **** because it is a box half the size of a foot locker. But four hours in a snowstorm, outside it was all done. Anyone thinks pictures would help them I can post some. Truck with the springs from the military still under it, holds the plow weight fine (****, no reason to sale a lift to the wife) Plows fine. Run my plow power leads off front battery and no issues there.

dstang97

Yes can you please post as many pictures as possible. Im an making a mount for mine to use a RT3. Did you happen to buy it used from a guy in MA?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks