• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Botched Deuce on Ebay

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Adding to the clearance between the axles (front and rear) helps a lot when driving off-road, crossing a berm, log etc. I dented my fuel tank that way and have seen a video of a deuce trying to climb a 2-ft wall only to get hung up on the fuel tank.
His ideas are not all bad, The truck probably runs well and with the "erector set principle", these mods are easy to reverse if all the parts are still around.
Look at the avatar to the left, :), it's a mil spec M35 k-boom with a deuce bed (from an M756) with the hydraulic tank in place of the spare tire. May look different, but is all okay IMHO according to the "erector set principle".
A Nam-era gun truck uses more non-standard deuce parts and I think a bobbed deuce is a much worse "sin".

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I would like to see that video of the deuce climbing the 2' wall.

We need more deuce videos..... :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
mangus580 said:
No Clinto, I will not go out in my back yard again! :beer:
rofl

I love that one.

"dad can't play in the backyard anymore"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks