• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bottle Jack for M923A2, M925A2, ect.

brasco

I need to pick up some tools for my M923A2 and a bottle jack is one item on my list. I see that the NSN# for the jack is 5120-01-374-0532. This is an 8 ton "Hi-range" unit that the company "US Jack" makes. They are asking more than 5 times the prices of regular 8 ton jacks I have found commercially. The only big difference that I can see is that the range is 12.5" of lift instead of the usual 8" or so.

My question to other SS members is this: What brand and size of jacks have you actually used on your M939A2 trucks and what successes or faulires have you had? I'm thinking of just using a standard 8 or 12 ton jack and just bring extra boards with "step up" the lift.

Thanks for any suggestions.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use the ones I got from from Harbor freight, they work fine, you might have to supply your own boards, 6x6 posts whatever to get enough height.

Bighurt

I use the 20 ton bottle jack from TSC, although you need dunnage.

At $50 its worth throwing one in the tool kit.

I think I have one with each although I'm not sure the trailer has one.

Ddmk18

I use the harbor fright 20 ton air over hydraulic jack works perfect and just use the air from the truck to run it. It's also manual pump back up if you don't have air.

capnkirk

+1 for Ddmk18. 20 ton Air/hydraulic from harbor freight. Works great. You'll never go back to a regular hydraulic jack.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use a Air over hydraulic and carry a pad of 6X6 PT to form a base for the jack and don't forget the wheel chocks .

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let me add my 2cents. Cribbing on board is a must. If you have a flat, drive that tire up on some cribbing, won't require as much jack travel. I have a good supply of 4x4 oak in 18" length that I use. At one point Gimpyrobb had scads of surplus US Jack brand bottle jacks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks