• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bottom Deuce Inspection

Loose Deuce

When's the last time you guys inspected the bottom of your deuce ? I thought mine was in great shape until I decided to R & R my e-brake assembly and give it a good going over. I had numerous air lines rubbing on sharp objects and the same with the wiring harness plus the brake lines, I don't see how I made it this long with out something springing a leak. Found several loose bolts causing some of those strange rattles I hadn't been able to figure out and all the top prop shaft bolts were loose, the one between the transmission and transfer case. I had to clean the ground cable connections to the frame that were rusty also.

Speaking of wiring, can you still get wiring harnesses for the deuce and not some generic fit all harness ? :wink:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
About every 60 days. That's how I found B+ wires rubbing through and all kinds of loose stuff, just like you did. Plus, while you're under there, shoot the zerks!
There are both front and rear harnesses on e-bay now.

acetomatoco

Now you know why Motor Stables are a requirement for all MV on a Daily Use Basis... Lots of stuff can go wrong on a 50 year old vehicle which has had 50 drivers and non drivers working its pedals ... Did you know that the pintles on early M35s had 3 grease fittings? The third being hidden inside the rear frame crossmember...and that you are supposed to drain the water out of the primary fuel filter before each use...Checking air pressure on 11 or 7 tires takes a few minutes, too...you must start in first gear or your clutch will only live to half a ripe old age.. ACE

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I crawl under mine about once a month. Keep it greased...........just look it over.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks